Friday, October 13, 2006

Choose to Look Fat or Old?

Well, let me put this in a more positive manner: when you age, you have only 2 choices in terms of look: slim/thin OR young – cannot be both.

Many women want to look slim and they always envy people who are skinny or bony. They thought it makes them look pretty. But is it true? Is it all about weight that makes people look good?

Many women who look much older than their age, and the common things they share are: cheeky face, skinny body, deep eye socket and, of course wrinkles.

There are also many women who look much younger than their age. They have one thing in common: MEATY (plump, or Hokkien say: wu bak 有肉).

Look at the HongKong actresses who look younger than their age. We have 薛家燕, 沈澱霞, etc. I believe if they both lose their weight they will look very old!

My mom used to be very plump. I thought she looked good – round face, hearty and young look. Then she listened to her friends and took diet pills + diet tea etc. She successfully lost so much of weight.

But, she now looks at least 10 years older than before she lost her weight!!

Probably it was the fat and round face that pulls the skin tightly, so wrinkles don’t appear? I don’t know the scientific reasons behind this.

Bottom line is: What is more important to women? To look thin (but old), or to look young (but plump)? Well, not many of us can look both slim AND young. So you can chose only one.

I chose to look young. So I am trying to put some weight now. This gives me all excuses to eat my favorite food – chocolate, nasi lemak, laksa. :p LOL!!!

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939