Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Event book vs Diary (事记/日记)

Many years ago, when I was still in school (cheh, sounds like I am very old already – next time should not use this to start), I used to like writing diary. Well, I always WANTED to write, but ahem… lazybone me, I never write ‘diary’ everyday. The gaps between my ‘diary’ entries have been increasing until sometime reached 1 year!

So, I have given up writing diaries. I call my little booklet 事记, i.e. event note. I only write when I feel like writing, or when there is ‘big’ things happened, or when I am very upset. Actually I have a very bad habit, I feel like writing stuff when I feel very upset. So, my little booklet is full with unhappy moments. Sometimes it is very demotivating when reading those entries. I remember reading somewhere that, someone only records happy moments in her diary, so when she is upset she reads them and makes her happy. Hey, why am I doing something reverse?

Actually, I did that because I need a channel to release my frustrations/upset feeling. Writing is a good way because it will not betray you, nor upset you by telling you what you should or should not do (hey I just need a listener!). So, my little booklet is my loyal listener.

Of course, I also try to record down happy moments, e.g. the birth of Ian, DH did something for me etc.

And now, looking at blog… at first, I thought maybe I could convert my blog to the ‘event book’, but I realized I couldn’t do that. You just don’t know who is reading, maybe your boss is there, your friends are there, etc. So, I would still stick to my little booklet for any sensitive matters. :D

1 comment:

sqkiki said...

I'm very hardwork to wrote diary since secondary school...
Still keep all the diary book til now..sometimes refer back really funny wan..
Of coz for those sad record, i try not to touch it laa..hehe..coz i wish to refer to my happiness only maa..sad wan..put aside lor..

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939