Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Sleep

I am terribly sleep deprived. I can’t believe I can still walk and talk like normal. Many years ago, I dare to tell people that I need a lot of sleep and I need minimum 8 hours sleep a day. I loved sleeping anyway.

But, but, but… Sigh! Ever since getting on this job, and got a baby, sleep is like a luxury to me. When I don’t have to travel, it is Ian who wakes me up at night. When I have to travel, I work round the clock!

Why I always sleep very little when traveling? That’s because my travel companions or my counterparts in other countries just don’t understand that breastfeeding mothers’ day ends 45 min later and starts 45 min earlier than any other people – we have to spend time expressing breastmilk!

So, when I worked in my boss’s room on day 1 in Houston until 4am – I actually slept at nearly 5am. And when the meeting started at 8am the next day, I had to wake up at 6:30am (if no travel to meeting venue is required). To other people, I would have slept for at least 3 hours (from 4am to 7am), which I actually slept only 1.5 hours.

I am really thirst for more sleep. Oh, my golden school days – now I truly appreciate those days that I could sleep until 12 noon. Sob, sob, sob.

Now, I have decided, when I retire later, I want to sleep as much as I like – but then my DH told me when I reach that age I would want to do as many things as I can rather than sleep. Wait and see how it is in the future.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939