Saturday, May 21, 2005

I Can Use WiFi!!

Aiyoh, dunno which Kampong I come from! I have been using this new company-notebook since Jan this year (HP Compaq nc4010), and until early this week only I discovered that it has WiFi device! It took me a few days to figure it out, installed the driver and tested it out!

While trying to install the WiFi driver and get it setup, I discovered how to activate the bluetooth too. Actually, I knew it comes with built-in bluetooth, but I never knew how to activate it. Our IT support said, “Press that button! Press that button!” But I was still blurred, not knowing what button he was referring too. I always thought that button is for microphone because the symbol really looks like a microphone! (at this point, my colleague shouted me Jakun (no offence har), I have to admit that lah! :p).

Actually, ever since I started using this model, I have been trying to hot sync it with my Palm Zire 72 – but never successful (always rely on cable), and I always thought my notebook’s bluetooth device is faulty. :p

Now, I can use wireless broadband already. Very excited, though I haven’t got any chance to really try out. Have checked out TMNet’s Hotspot. I thought Streamyx users’ rate is cheaper, but the savings is just insignificant. AirZed seem to have better coverage… But anyway, I better check which ones are supported by our IT department first…

Dear bloggers, if you are a user on wireless broadband, can give some recommendations? :)

3 comments:

Suzette said...

twinsmom: dunno whether Jason can still blog/read-blog freely nowadays. Hahaha!

Jason Lioh said...

Wi-Fi! I also got wuut :P *kiasu*

Suzette said...

Jason, then can you recommend which one to use? My friend told me people have ALL!! :p

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939