Thursday, May 19, 2005

Sembunyi SPA

Last Christmas, my department held a Christmas party with the theme ‘Tropical Christmas’. As usual, everyone was expected to dress up according to the theme, and there were penalties given to the worst dressed guy – turkey awards. I was too afraid to receive that ‘turkey awards’, so I rented a frutti-trutti hat. And… dadadada! I won the best dress, unexpectedly.

The prize was a Surf and Turf Spa Package at the Sembunyi Spa, Cyberview Lodge Resort and Spa. The gift voucher can only be used during weekdays, exclude public holidays.

Ever since given birth to Ian, I have to work and take care of him, how to go leh? So, delayed, delayed and delayed. Last Sat night when I was cleaning the house, I saw the voucher… Alamak, 10 June is the expiry date. So, have decided to take a day off and enjoy myself yesterday (Wed).

Because it was a weekday, I occupied the whole spa by myself. I soaked in the hot Jacuzzi, immersed in the cold pool, went in to the steam room… but quite boring because I was alone!

Then, the treatment started. It was a private room… Nicely scented. In the room, there was a window, bed, a warm bath…
All started with a traditional Balinese whole body massage. Oohhh… so comfortable that it made me dozed off. The long and soothing strokes, very calming.

Then, followed by scrub. It was sea salt with essential oil and cooling gel. It was meant for detoxifying and cleansing. I felt that my skin is really cleaned after that, from neck to toes (head not included lah!). I dozed off again.

After the scrub, I was wrapped in rich black mud in a warm blanket. It was hot, I was supposed to sweat inside, so I just sweat… and dozed off. (See how calming and soothing the whole thing is, I just keep sleeping – lazy bone mah! Hehehe!)

And finally, I was woke up, and asked to enjoy the Ocean’s Away bath, which is purifying salt and algae bath. Actually this is the smelliest part of the whole package. All the other parts come with nice aroma, but this one really smelled fishy. I was advised to soak in it for 20 minutes (hey, just the bath costs RM60!). But it was just so uncomfortable, imagine I soaked inside the bath with the mud wrap in my body! So, I only managed it for 5 min, then quickly shampooed myself and left the room.

After the spa session, wow, I really felt myself very clean, smoothed, and coated with very nice fragrance – luckily the last part’s smell doesn’t stick on me. The nice feeling and fragrant lingered for another 6 hour or so. Oohhhhh… I now understand how nice is a spa and I wish I could pay for my mom and MIL to join me. :)

Oh, BTW, the package was RM322. Now it is 295++. How generous my department is! But how can I afford for 3 persons leh? Think first har…

4 comments:

sqkiki said...

Waahh..RM322 for a spa...very expensive ler...

But u look really enjoy ahh..hmm..wish i can get free stuff like tat woo..hehe..but difficult then kena loteri lah...

Suzette said...

msau: Yes, I was really enjoyed. It is really pricey, if I want to pay for my mom and MIL, plus myself will be a thousand already. Really pok-kai loh. Wait until I kena loteri first har (but I don't buy how to kena har?)

Jason Lioh said...

Lazy bone + massage + spa = relaxs giler. After that, you sure be lazier than before. :P

Oh yeah, i got tagged by you but i haven't upload it yet. Wait a little longer until i figure what i want to be. :D

Suzette said...

Jason: you are right, I got so lazy now that I was really DRAGGED to work. :p

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939