Monday, May 30, 2005

Lottery

I always tell people, “I will xxxxxx, if I strike lottery.” For example:
“I will quite my job and be a SAHM if I strike lottery.”
“I will bring my mum and MIL to spa if I strike lottery.”
“I will get a maid if I strike lottery.”

Etc

For people who don’t know me well, may think that I always buy lottery. Well, I only buy 1 ticket during Chinese New Year. My friend always tells me, “If ChoySanYe (god of prosperity) wants to give you fortune, if you don’t even open your door how can he give you har?” So, I took her advice and buy once a year. I have never striked one.

Last week, DH told me that TOTO has accumulated the prize to 15 million. So, I have decided to try my luck. So embarrassing, I did not know how to buy! I went to the shop and gave the lady my 6 numbers. DH told me is from 1 to 49. So, one of the number I have chosen was 45.

I didn’t know what is that thing called, so I thought if the prize can be accumulated, must be called something like a ‘Jackpot’, so I told the lady I wanted RM1 of the Jackpot.

She said, “45 cannot. Maximum is 42, I change that to 42 ok?”
I blurred, blurred and said OK.

But then, before I walked out, I thought DH couldn’t be wrong. So I turned back:
“Miss ah, I thought the numbers are from 1 to 49 why 45 cannot?”
She then became defensive, “You told me you wanted to buy Jackpot. Jackpot is 1 to 42. If you want the one 1 to 49 it is called ‘Super’”.

Oops, so embarrassing. So I spent another 1 dollar bought the ‘Super’ ticket… well, of course I didn’t strike the lottery, but the most stupid thing I did was…

ACTUALLY THE CUMULATED POT HAS ALREADY BEEN WON IN PREVIOUS ROUND. So stupid of me! :p

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi...Stumble upon your blog by accident. How could you work, and have to fly here and there and still got time to nurse? *Salute* How old is baby Ian now?

Suzette said...

mindy: Hi! there, welcome to my blog. Actually work+fly+nurse is still ok. But finding time to blog is a real challenge. :) BTW, Ian is 13 months now.

1+2mom said...

err.. if you ask me to buy i also dunno ler. I just know to buy the ticket that sell by the uncle or anutie only :P

sqkiki said...

ohh...many ah soh donno how to buy loteri oso ahh..hehe..I oso same same lah...1 year oso no buy once lah..

really envy those ppl always say kena loteri wan...hehe..

Suzette said...

1+2mom: I also know that one... used to be called 'fu li bu cai piao', used to be meant for charity (of course now no longer loh). That is the one that I buy once a year, during Chinese New Year. Sometimes, I wonder if I have ever striked, because... you will scold me - I HAVE NEVER MATCHED THEM! Next time I must match lah, too lazy me...

msau: Is it? I thought ah soh know this better? I saw a lot of ah soh buying..., hmm maybe more man, with bike one. :p

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939