Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Fighting Hunger

WFP (World Food Program) is organizing a Walk the World event this Sunday. This event aims to raise awareness and funds to help end child hunger. And we can help by:

  • Click on the URL here: http://www.FightHunger.org - each click will contribute 19 US cents, donated by TNT Global Express, Logistics & Mail.
  • On July 12, take part in the walk (Malaysia is included!)
  • If you can't walk on 12 June, don't worry. You can still ensure that other hungry children receive the food they need by sending this link on to others: http://www.fighthunger.org/home
  • You can even make a donation if you want. There is an option in the link.

As of today at 1800 hours (GMT+8:00), there are only 17 people registered to walk, from Malaysia. It is quite disappointing.

I want to help spread the words around, but my blog is not very popular, have very limited visitors. How I wish the other popular bloggers can blog about this, and increase the awareness. Let’s flight child hunger!

BTW, it would be good that bloggers meet up in the walk, like a MGT.
As for myself, I am going to arrange with MIL, hopefully she can take care of Ian, so I can participate! Hmm… otherwise, I’m not sure if they would accept me walking with ‘Ian in a pram’?

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939