Friday, June 17, 2005

Book Tag

I was tagged by mama22beas on this. Msau made this tag so interesting by using photos of the books, so I copy her idea here.

I have to modify the tag slightly because I don’t really read those ‘meaningful’ books, can’t find that many to blog. :p

1) Total number of books that I’ve owned:
I presume this is for ‘current’ + at ‘home’ (excl. other places). I have around 250 books in my apartment now.

2) The last book I bought:
Left Behind SeriesActually is a whole series of 12 books minus 1, bought secondhand from a MPH staff. It is ‘Left Behind’ series, by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. One book is missing. Does anyone have book 11 (Armageddon) and wish to sell it? Please, please I want it!

Last Juror3) The last book I read: ‘The Last Juror’ by John Grisham.

4) Book(s) I am reading NOW: I have a habit of not finishing one book then start another one, so I have 4 books that I have started but not finished yet, all alternated depends on my mood.

  • ChiXi我在慈禧身边的日子 (金易)
  • Taken'Taken' by Thomas Cook based on a TV series (shown in ASTRO before but I missed it).
  • 楚留香 (Palm’s e-book version)
  • The Arabian Nights (Palm’s e-book version)

5) 5 books that mean a lot to me (or I enjoyed reading):
a) Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden
GeishaI read the 1st edition, borrowed from a friend in 2002. Loved it so much, cried so much about it, and then bought it for myself.

b) Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki
Rich Dad Poor DadRecommended by DH. I read the English version 4 years ago, lend the book to friends, never got it back. DH won lucky draw and got this Chinese version.

c) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secret – J. K. Rowling
Harry PotterNever thought a ‘children book’ is so interesting to read. I was basically hooked when I was reading this particular one, read 24 hours non-stop – had to hide in the guest room at night so DH can’t scold me. :p

d) 连城决 – 金庸
LianChengQueVery pitiful to the main character.

e) The Prey – Michael Crichton
Sister borrowed, lazy to surf net, so has no photo to show. The storyline is very exciting. Reading it just like watching movie.

I will not tag anyone because most people were already been tagged.

2 comments:

Yoong Family said...

i borrowed left behind from my friend, but so long no time to read it... you should rich dad in english, none of the meaning lost... :)

Suzette said...

Hey! Does your friend want to sell book 11 Armageddon?

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939