Saturday, November 25, 2006

Madam Show-Off

I went to DH’s relatives wedding dinner. On the same table, there was this woman who really like to show off. She is DH’s auntie whom I have never met. The first thing she said when she sat down was:
“PL (my SIL), you are so fat already!”

SIL: “Is it? So I look prettier now.” (SIL Smile, and I think she was smart.)

Mdm S/O: “Now a lot of people go to gym. My daughter is already so thin, and she still goes to gym.”

Mdm S/O: “My daughter just came back from Canada. Tar College wanted her to teach there so badly. She is very good and popular, and everyone wanted to employ her. But she still wants to go back to Canada, so she only taught for 2 months and already flew back loh.”

That was still fine. Later, she kept showing off how wealthy she is, she doesn’t have to work, she goes high up (Genting) everyday to play (gamble), etc.

And then, suddenly the arrow pointed at me.

“My DIL is now conceiving her 3rd baby. She is having one child a year, a very good DIL. You should behave like her lah…”

I really hate people pushing others to have children. Before I had Ian I already hated it. How do you know the person you speak to doesn’t want any children? I have a friend, who wanted so badly, tried so hard, but still have no child. Whenever she is asked this question, she is so sad! Another friend has to spend over 10k for test-tube baby, but still no results. How can these people be so cruel?

Anyway, back to this woman… I kept quiet when she said that. I just chit chat with my FIL. Actually we discussed about this woman lah, both of us cannot tolerate her. Suddenly she called me again.

“Nowadays DIL and FIL or MIL are like friends…”
(FIL and I laughed; we thought that was a compliment, but then…)

“… I am a very good MIL, I treat m DIL very well, even beyond friends… I let her sleep until 12 noon, unlike some of the other MILs. My DIL just needs to give birth to my grandchildren (you think she is a pig ah?). We hire a maid for her. Maid takes care of her children and she doesn't need to do house work as well. When I am outside, I will sure rush home to cook for her. She doesn’t even need to cook…”

I wanted to speak for my MIL, so I said, “My MIL is also very good to me. Whenever I worked from home, she would go out to buy lunch for me, worried I might get hungry…”

Mdm S/O: “My DIL doesn’t have to work, she is very ‘hor-miah’ (unlike me??). Only my daughter works, THAT IS BECAUSE SHE IS JUST TOO GOOD AND TOO SMART NOT TO WORK!”

I almost vomit blood on the spot.

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939