Friday, February 15, 2008

Massage in Bangkok

If you have been to Thailand, but not experienced a Thai massage, then you are considered not visited Thailand!


That was what I was told, when I first visited Thailand many years ago.

I am not a person fond of body massage because I dislike strangers touching my naked body. And I don't like the typical Thai massage, as I have fear of breaking my bones when they twist my limbs. :P

So, I settled for foot massage, and I trully love it. Thai's foot massage is different from the Chinese, though they both refer to it as Foot Reflexology.

As my job now requires me to travel a lot, everytime when I go to Bangkok, I never missed it. However, year on year, I feel a drop in the quality. I got disappointed on many occassions. My colleagued even stopped doing massage completely.

But then, my friend who works in Bangkok now, brought me to two very good ones in my last visit. If you are looking for good Thai massage, you should visit them. They are not too pricey and the massuers are very well-trained.

They are both very good, and we would use them depends on vicinity and availability.

Asia Herb Association is near to the hotel that I always stay, very convenient for me. It is located on Sukhumvit Soi 24, just walking distance from Phrom Phong BTS and Davis Hotel.

In my last visit, I paid BHT 450 for 90 mins Foot/Head & Shoulder Massage (BHT 350 for 60 mins). It was really, really, good. I didn't know how tired my feet was, until the massuer gave them a good touch. It was sooooooo GOOD that I fell asleep. If I had stayed longer, I would have visited them more. :D

I missed it the first night because they were fully booked. So it is important to make advanced booking. Their number is: 02261 7401, 02260 8864. It is very popular amongst tourists, and particularly the Japanese. For more info, visit their website: Asia Herb Assiciation.

Another recommended one is Health Land, this is very popular amongst the locals. I tried it once, on full body aromatherapy massage. It was very good as well, but as I generally dislike full body massages, and the outlet is located quite far from the hotel, I didn't visit it again - not if my friend drives! :P

Whatever it is, I have a strong believe if the locals go there, it must be good and reasonably priced. True enough, compared to other outlets, it is a lot cheaper. Foot reflexology is only BHT 250 for 60 min.

For more info you can hop over to their website: Health Lang Spa.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939