Saturday, February 02, 2008

Pratunam Market

In my last visit to Bangkok, I had a very busy schedule. Meeting was from 8am to 5pm everyday. On the second day evening, right afte I dropped my stuff back to the hotel, I took a cab to the Pratunam market.

I was deterined tha I must do some shopping. I have been grounded for more than 3 months and havn't got the chance to buy any CNY clothes for the children and even myself!

Pratunam Market


I went to the Pratunam wholesale market, despite knowing it was probably too late. When I arrived 80% of the shops were closed, and the rest were in the process of closing. I managed to catch one shop before they closed the shutter. It is a shop for children's clothing.

As I was in a hurry (can't believe that my bladder was full at this critical hour!), I didn't have the energy and time to negotiate, but I was pretty happy with the price despite knowing I probably paid higher than I would if I have time.

Here are the pants and shirts bought in that shop. All shirts are priced at THB100 (RM10), pants at THB150 (RM15), and jeans at THB200 (RM20). Ya, some of the sizes are too big - remember I was in a HURRY?
Pratunam clothes for kids


I then quickly went to the toilet in a mall nearby (nearby? 10 min walk!!). After than, when I returned, all shops were closed INSIDE the main block of the Pratunam market. What were left, only those outlets along the main road.

Still not too bad. I found a shop selling very little choices of children's clothes, but VERY CHEAP! Look, the Cheongsam for Isabel are only THB250 (RM25) for all the 4 pieces!
Cheongsam for kids


You can't even get this in Beijing, not to mention KL. I checked at Isetan KL a week later, similar dress (not same of course) costs RM89.90!!! Well, of course the ones at Isetan is a branded one - 'China Town'. But come one, 'China Town'? I don't really recognize that brand. LOL! Furthermore, for kids, I won't spend that much just for a dress that would probably last for 6 months only.

I then went to Carrefour and shopped at the stalls nearby. Wasn't keen to go to the SuanLum night bazaar as my aim is really clothes only. At Carrefour stalls, I only found black and white coloured clothes. Then, remembered it was the mourning period for the demised prince, which the citizens would mourn for 150 days.

Though they are all B&W clothes, their design is quite interesting. I found many nice B&W clothes but didn't really want too many of those. Hey, my aim was for CNY, how can I wear mourning clothes for New Year celebration? I will be killed by all the elders. LOL!

2 comments:

A Mom's Diary said...

I'll be going to Bangkok for a week after CNY and planning to shop for some clothes and shoes for Yiu Yiu. Where is the Pratunam market? Looks like quite a good place to shop.

Guide to Bangkok Hotels said...

Thank you for sharing traveling post. I heard that the most famous shopping centre is Siam where has both in-out door shopping centres but i like Jatujak weekend Market more....

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939