Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fuji restaurant, Bangkok

When I was in Bangkok, my best friend took me to this place in Tesco -- Fuji Japanese restaurant. It is a chain, and my friend said the price is very reasonable.

I was very hungry the time when we had our dinner. It was way passed my usual dinner time, due to time difference and shopping done. :P

In the beginning I still able to take photo, but when my main course came, I've just forgot about it. LOL!

Here is fry asperagus. Very fresh and juicy. I like it with a little bit of chilli.

Japanese Dinner - Asperagus


Egg sushi and seaweed:
Japanese Dinner - Egg sushi and seaweed


Here is the mushroom salad. I don't quite like it, coz there is too much of glass noodle.
Japanese Dinner - Mushroom Salad


This is the usual egg pouch sushi (dunno the name). It is quite different from what I had in the past, coz the rice inside is not just plain rice. It has a mix of some pickles and finely chopped mushroom.
Japanese Dinner - rice balls


The rest, I forgot to take photo. They are: unagi teriyaki, salmon sashimi and garlic rice.

I dislike the unagi teriyaki, couldn't finish either. I might be prejudice on the dish, coz I dislike anything to do with teriyaki anyway. Another reason I dislike this is, it has a lot of bones, all over the piece of the fish. Every single bite I am stuck with bones which I couldn't swallow. I am just not good at unagi - also not my favourite fish. I ordered this out of no choice, they have sold out gindara shioyaki. :(

Anyway, they didn't give me the itemised receipt, so I don't know the cost of each item. In total, we spent RM 138 for the whole bill! It wasn't cheap at all, for the type of things we ordered.

Compared to the fine dining Jap restaurant in Jakarta, Nadaman in Shangri-La, this is definitely not worthy at all. Imagine, the meals I had on the second day was less than RM50 (as it turned out in my credit card bill). If we ordered 2 sets, it would still come out less than RM100, in oppose to RM138 for what we had here in Fuji... Interesting to know why she thinks it is cheap, must check with her again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Surfed your blog. Nice one keep up the good work and be sure i'll be back soon.
Check out mine http://www.forexxtrader.blogspot.com

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939