Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nadaman restaurant, Shangri-la Jakarta

This is the first time I stayed in Shangri-la hotel in Jakarta. They have a very nice Japanese restaurant, with very good food and services. I liked it so much that I revisited the second day – both for lunch as my meeting ended too late.

First Day
I always like to eat gindara shioyaki (grilled cod fish), but not every place serves it. Teriyaki is more common than shioyaki, but I dislike teriyaki sauce.

The Gindara Shioyaki set includes 3 servings of sashimi. As I was recovering from food poisoning, I requested to change that to tempura.

The appetizer is very good. A small portion of chopped toufu covered in some fish flakes. I like the fish flakes, yummy!

Starter

They served the tempura first. Ordinary, but fresh.
Tempura

This is the salad, which has the jellyfish on top, quite different.
Salad

And here is the gindara shioyaki. Some simple cooking, just rub some salt on the fish and shallow fry it. Really don’t understand why some restaurants don’t serve this!
Gindara Shioyaki

Here is the hot ocha, which they serve in individual pot! A luxury, I’d say.
Hot green tea

Finally, fruits to end the meal.
Fruits

Total Cost: IDR 242,000 (RM 84)

Second Day
As I was in a hurry, I ordered from the quick lunch set menu -- mini donburi set. Donburi is usually served in a large bowl, with a lot of rice at the bottom and covered with your choice of topping. Usually chicken, beef, egg, or veggie.

This mini donburi set is very cute. It comes in 3 small bowls, each containing rice about the amount of 2-3 sushi. One topped with salmon sashimi, one with unagi teriyaki, and the last one with prawn tempura. They are really delicious, and I guess their sauce is nice, which makes them different.
Mini donburi set


It is served with 3 other items, 2 from the pic above – salad (similar to the previous lunch) and agedashi toufu. And here is a bowl of chawan mushi (steamed egg) too.
Chawan Mushi


This time, I ordered cold ocha (green tea), hoping it is not served in pot as it is too much. Well, they still served it in a JAR. LOL!
Cold green tea


The dessert that came with this is green tea ice-cream. Very nice, not those type that is too sweet without any ocha fragrant/taste.
Green tea ice cream

Total Cost: IDR 155,955 (RM 54)

1 comment:

Bali Hotel said...

If you have not been yet to Bali then it is time plan your own vacation within easy steps. The island of paradise has been prepared every single items for tourism industry. There are many accommodation from simple Bali hotels and private villas at discount rates.

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939