Friday, January 25, 2008

Car fell off from 8th floor, 1 dead 1 traumatized

When I was in Jakarta few days ago, there was a tragedy in the building that I visited. It happened in the morning, before I arrived – thank God I didn’t have to witness such thing. It could happen just in front of me, just at the taxi drop-off area!

There was a car fell off from 8th floor parking bay. When the car fell off, it went upside down, and hit another car on its left passenger’s side. Luckily the car on the ground, driven by a lady, has no other passengers. She was traumatized, of course, but alive.

The driver of the fallen car died on the spot. Some witnessed told me that the scene was very scary, with blood and brain everywhere. They said his body was half gone!

Apparently the driver wanted to do reverse parking, somewhat went over the edge, hit the grill. It is very common for Indonesia’s building to have such grills for upper floor car parks. That is only to prevent human from falling off, but definitely not cars!

I was told a few months ago, there was a similar incident in a shopping mall, where the whole family died on the spot – a mother, father, 2 kids.

This makes me chilled, when think of parking my car at upper floor.

I remember many years ago when I just got my license, there was a minor accident for me. I wanted to slam on the brake, but something has blinded my senses, I slammed on the accelerator instead! Luckily it didn’t hit any one nor any cars. It just went down to a drain. With some help of a few guys, my car came off easily. Imagine if this ha happened on upper floor? I’d have died long time ago, before I graduated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this kind of incident happen in Malaysia also leh. Worst, not grill but wall also can hit through! What kind of material they use?! Sigh...

Suzette said...

steff: Really? I've never heard of such thing in MY. It sounds scary, isn't it?

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939