Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Blog About Travelling? No Way!

When I started this blog, I really had no idea what I wanted this blog to be. Initially, I though this blog is like my EventBook. Knew already that this cannot be.

So, I thought, hmm… since I travel a lot, why don’t I blog about traveling stories.

But… my traveling stories are so boring! I am doing BUSINESS traveling, not traveling for holiday! It is extremely boring to travel like this: Airport – Hotel – Office – Hotel – Airport.

I really envy my best friend, who is currently with a Swedish company. She doesn’t travel as frequently as I do, but when she travels, there are people who really look after her. ‘The other side’ would arrange everything for her, at least for the 1st time. They bring her out for sight seeing, recommend places she can visit or things that she can do.

She has been to Sweden, Netherlands, Poland, Turkey, Denmark, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand and etc. The names of the places already sound exotic. Compared to mine: Houston, Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila, Beijing, Delhi, Sabah and Sarawak.

What she does is Travel – Hotel – SIGHTSEEING – Meeting – SIGHTSEEING – Hotel – Travel. On meeting days, she only works during office hour 9-to-5. After 5: FOOD and REST and SIGHTSEEING.

As for me? On meeting days, I only rest 4 hours max. 7am to 9pm: in meetings/discussions. 9pm-11pm: dinner (with the same boring people talking about work over the table). Back to the room at 12 midnight. After refreshed myself, got to work on emails and prepare stuff for next day - usually ends at 3am or until I am too tired to go on. I really have to make an effort to sightsee, and I will be ALONE. Sob! Sob!


So, who will be interested to read my blog if I write this kind of stuff? I am not even interested to write this – only for this time.

8 comments:

Shiny Blue Black said...

well, you don't sound that lazy to me!

Your business travels sound more like the norm than your friend's. Whenever I travel for business it's the same as yours. Don't know why I don't get the lucky breaks either! (sightseeing and business travel all in one)

5xmom.com said...

Still you get to travel! Instead of writing about the beauty of the places, then how about how lousy some things are. They can still be refreshing!

BTW, brb with the thingy 'cos I am searching how to manage the buttons. LOL!

Suzette said...

IB: Izzit? This is norm kah? When I was with my ex-comp, I seldom get to travel. But when I got, sure got chance to sightsee one ler. So when I got this current job, I was so excited until I found out that... :(

5xmom: what is 'brb' har?

Jason Lioh said...

Blog is a place where anything that used to be uninteresting will become interesting. Really! Whatever you write in your blog, will be interested to some people. And I bet, there are people out there who like your post, even this! ;) Hehe, really, with the blogging blood inside, even when you shit, shitting becomes interesting. Yeah, I nearly wanted to blog about it. LOL...

BRB = Be Right Back. :)

Suzette said...

jason: thanks for the 'brb'. You want to blog about shit? 5xmom's son also asked her to blog about it sometime ago ler. Blog lah! See how can you make it become interesting! LOL

twinsmom: 嘿嘿, 问题是: 可能我没趣吧? 哈哈! 好的, 我会再努力!

Jason Lioh said...

Haha! 5xmom's shit post got meaning behind one ler. My shit post is a picture of the shit. LOL. And I bet nobody wants to see that, right? RIGHT?

Papi said...

actually, it can be interesting also, depanding on how u look at it.
Maybe u can blog about the trip mah, the people u dealt with, the hotels, ur experience, the flight...can be interesting also. Can share share mah, ur experience. :)

Suzette said...

jason: you are absolutely RIGHT! I don't want to see that... yulk!

papi: Hmm... thanks for your suggestion and encouragement. Now after reading your comments, I remember there were something quite interesting which I forgot to blog! You are so right! THanks!

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939