Friday, February 16, 2007

Jakarta Trip - Conclusion

I was back from Jakarta on Wed night, 1 day shorter than planned.

To change my flight, I needed to get it validated in MAS office in the town, and got to pay USd25! I almost thought I couldn't make it, coz my office is 1.5 hour away from MAS office, and my meeting schedule was back-to-back. Luckily someone willing to help me to get it done. Whew!

There are a few things worth noting here.

US Dollar
It is so strange that, all Indonesians don't accept USD note that is folded. Unfortunately all my USD are folded. Luckily someone lend me some USD. Really don't know the reason why.

Chili
Image004
Look at this. It is my snack box. In our meeting, we can never get hungry, coz food and snack is always provided. But look carefully...

Image006
In this snack box, there is a raw green chili-padi. At first, I thought it was dropped into my box accidentally. No! It is to be eaten raw like that, together with the curry puff! :P

Flood
There was no signs of flood anywhere. The aftermath also not seen. But on Tuesday, after a whole morning's rain, flood started to build up. Luckily rain stopped in the afternoon. Whew!

Traffic
I thought the traffic was about the same like KL downtown. But when I was on their so-called 'Highway', I know KL is much better. They highway at any time, is just like our Jalan Kuching at peak hour. Cars can only travel 60km/h at most. Highway only means no traffic lights.

Shopping
Lots of shopping malls, and lots of them are high-end like our KLCC. And there are also a lot of poor people selling stuff on the road, risking their lifes in between traffics (like Manila). It really shows the gap of rich & poor is so huge.

Well, in fact, this is not my first trip. But my last trip was just too short and in much hurry that I didn't have the chance to observe and see the city. I will still need to go there again. I'm just not sure whether I should stay in Crowne Plaza again, given my bad experience this time. Maybe I should go back to Mulia Hotel then...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah finaly seeing pic on your blog. it is just more Lively with few pics.

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939