Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Cilantro Restaurant

Last Friday we had our department's Christmas party at Cilantro Restaurant & Wine Bar, Micasa All Suite Hotel.

We started with cocktail, while waiting for all to arrive. There are 3 items for cocktail: scallop, prawn, and duck meat. Scallop is very good and juicy, prawn is not bad, but duck meat is jus so-so.

After all were seated, they started serving warm bread - their homemade wholemeal bread was very delicious. It was very soft, full with nuts and grains. The spread for the bread was very good that one of our guys almost ate it alone!

For starter, they served Pan Fried Unagi and Foie Gras with Mesclun Salad. This is the first time I had foie fras. I never know both unagi and foie gras can blend in together so well. They are very soft, and nearly melt in my mouth.

The Cream of Wild Mushroom with Shaved Truffle is ordinary. The 3rd starter was Seared Smoked Salmon with Fresh Water Prawn and Nantua Sauce. I don't like it. I only ate a quater of the salmon, coz it is just too salty.

Following the smoked salmon, we had our main course. There are 2 choices: Steamed Seabass with Tarabagani and Ohba Broth, or Pan Fried Black Angus Beef with Natural Jus. I chose the beef as it is chef's recommendation!

It came in a very tiny piece, but I think it is just nice for me. The steak was very juicy and tender, can beat those I had in US.

The dinner ended with a nice dessert with coffe or tea. The dessert was Dark Chocolate Cup Cake & Nougat Glace with Raspberry Coulis. Well, it is actually warm cocolate cup cake - similar to the one that I ate in Chicago! It was so good that my boss had 2 plates!!!

As for drinks, we ordered Cloudy Bay - a very nice New Zealand white wine, which someone quoted: "If you order Cloudy Bay, you will never go wrong."

The set dinner cost us around RM180++ per pax.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939