Thursday, December 21, 2006

Flam Restaurant, Bangsar

We were supposed to lunch in Prime in Meridien Hotel, but some colleague had to rush back for a meeting.

This morning we decided to change the venue to Flam, Bangsar. I was asked to make reservation for 10 pax. Such a simple task, but I couldn't do it! The restaurant simply didn't have anyone answer my phone, from 9am till 11:45am! I gave up, we just headed straight there.

Well, it only opens at 12noon, and apart from us, there was no other table opened! So, I could have saved my energy for calling them. Darn!

Anyway, about the restaurant... Their main food is flam, like thin pizzas, slightly softer. Well, actuall I think flam is tastier than pizza, coz it has less flour dough. ;)

We had 3 flams and a dozen of escargots for sharing, as appetizers. Each of us ordered a soup (or salad) and a main course. Mine was wild mushroom soup and a homemade ravioli. I was eyeing on the crepe suzette, as I love crepe a lot. 2 weeks ago, I had crepe 3 days consecutively! in Crown Plaza Mutiara Hotel, KL.

The mushroom soup is very thick and full with wild mushrooms - tasted okay only, coz it was not hot enough - I like hot soups. The ravioli is excellent. It has duck mousse inside. Outside, it is served with duck breast meats and slices of shitake mushrooms. If you take them separately, they are very nice. But, if you put all three together into your mouth --> hmmmmmm! They compliments each other so well that... whew, we were speachless for a moment.

I was so full at the end of it. Couldn't finish my main course, not to even order my dessert. :( Maybe I should skip the mushroom soup, and share my main course with someone else!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939