Saturday, January 27, 2007

Barcelona

Lately I re-read SanMao's (三毛) novel - Story of Sahara (撒哈拉的故事). She is one of the authors that I like, and the Story of Sahara is the book that I particularly love, mainly because all the stories are happy ones. Those are the days that she just got married with Jose. Books written after Jose died are quite gloomy. Well, I guess her soul has followed Jose... very tragic.

Anyway, when I re-read her books, it made me feel like traveling to the Spain. A lot of her stories with Jose were written around that country. I think Jose is a Spannish (can't be sure coz I always skip this kind of detail when I read. :p).

Though I feel like visiting the Spain, Barcelona doesn't seem to be a safe place to me. I've heard of pick-pockets, robberies, etc. Well, these could be just rumours, but the names are not quite good though.

And hotels are not cheap too. My colleague went there for the last Olympic games with her family. I've heard that some of the games could be seen from the hotels in Barcelona. Not sure how true it is? Well, this colleague is rich, so I won't look out for the same. If I go, I would go in budget type, maybe backpack?

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939