Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tony Roma's Famous For Ribs

I'm in Manila now. After meeting ended, I shopped for some toys for my kids. When I was done, I went into the Tony Roma's Famous for Ribs restaurant for dinner. This place was recommended by my boss.

I ordered its original ribs and a glass of green mango shake. In Manila, I only drink green mango shake fo all my meals. This is a very good local delicacy one must not miss. Wherever you go, you must drink it. This drink is always made of fresh and real green mangoes. It is sweet and sour, very refreshing, with all the real mango fibres. Hmm... yummy!

As for my food... I regret for not ordering the regular size (I ordered only half-ribs). It is just so good that once I started I couldn't stop or even slow down. I am usually a slow eater, but not on this ribs!

Before I ate, I wasn't convinced that it is nice. I still had some doubts when I placed my order. How can ribs be nice and chewable when it is grilled? That was what I thought. Usually MIL needs to simmer ribs for at least 2 hours to soften it. Grill? That is really questionable.

When I cut the first piece, before it was put into my mouth I knew I was wrong already! It was so soft, juicy and easily detachable from the bones. I could handle it easily with fork and spoon (though later I found out they actually encourage you to eat with hands!).

The marinate was extremely good. It was full of aroma with a little spicy. When I finished, then only I was keen to eat the side dishes. When I was eating my side dishes, I missed the ribs so much that I went back to the bones and digged out a tiny piece --> put it in my mouth last, to end my dinner!

I don't think it has any outlet in KL. I checked out their franchise website, Malaysia is not listed. I guess it is due to halal issue, coz it is pork ribs! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried this in Hong Kong and it is available in Singapore too. It is quite expensive and I only willing to step into this restaurant if it is paid by company ^_^

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939