Saturday, January 27, 2007

Manila Shopping Spree

Recently I really have no luck with my flights. In my immediate last trip to Beijing, I ended up landed in Shanghai. When I came back, due to bad weather and air traffic congestion, we waited an hour in the aircraft before it was allowed to take off. And yesterday, my flight took-off from Manila, an hour later it landed back to Manila, due to some problems with the aircraft.

Anyway, this trip to Manila is really a combination of business and shopping trip for me. I had 3 evenings and a morning to shop. The things are so cheap in Manila. Actually I bought all my stuff in Shoe Mart, Makati City. You should go there if you are in Manila.

IMG_8972The only reason I couldn't buy more is due to luggage space. As I need to transport my breastmilk home, half of my luggage is occupied by my cooler box (the blue one). I stuffed my computer bag and the rest of my luggage bag to the maximum. If I don't have to carry the blue cooler box, I'd definitely bought more. :P

IMG_8973 These are the items I bought in ShoeMart. I spent RM440 in total. What have I bought?




IMG_8976 IMG_8975
5 packs of dried mangoes (1 pack for each family) - RM21. 2 hair bands - RM8. 4 pairs of shoes. Superman slippers for Ian - RM8.50. HotWheel sports shoes with light bottoms also for Ian - RM53. A pair of beaded sandals for MIL (originally for myself) - RM35. A pair of evening shoes for myself - RM70.

IMG_8987 IMG_8986
1 set Army clothes for Ian - RM27. This pair of jeans cost RM58, and the jacket RM70. In fact, all things that I bought for Ian are not cheap, but they are quite different from those in KL. I like this brand Dickies which cannot be found here.

IMG_8985 IMG_8984
For Isabel, I bought these dresses. The yellow one (Moose) is RM11, and the white one is RM21. I'm not sure whether they are cheap or expensive, but I'm quite sure that I won't have the time to shop for them in KL.

IMG_8981One thing for sure is, their books are extremely cheap. A Disney book costs around RM5. I bought 5 books for 27.50 in total (RM3.50 x 2; RM5 x 2; RM10.50 x 1). Back in KL, one book can easily cost me over RM30!

IMG_8979 IMG_8974 IMG_8977
On the last day, I couldn't resist the temptation to buy these: a huge piggy bank (RM 5.40) and a helicopter (RM 5.40) for Ian. They are just so cheap. I felt very bad for Isabel, coz almost all the things I bought are not for her, so I bought a bath duck for her (RM7).

IMG_8982 IMG_8983
Puzzles are extremely cheap too. This box of Little Mermaid puzzle is less than RM8. The rest ranging from RM2 to RM5. Seriously, I've never seen RM2 puzzle set in Malaysia with such good quality!

IMG_8980Ah! I also found these name stickers (RM0.70 each). I have been writing on Ian's bag and stuff with permanent marker. With these name stickers it would make it easier for us. I've never seen this in KL yet, have you? I bought 2 'Ian' and 2 'Isabel'. Luckily I named Isabel this way and not 'Isabelle' or 'Isabela', coz the name stickers have 'Isabel' and not other variations. :)

I'm quite pleased with my 'harvest'. Well, actually not all of them are cheap. Some (especially Ian's clothes) cannot be found here, I'm willing to pay for them. And some (like hair bands), I just don't have the time to buy in KL.

Next time, I'll be able to buy more, if I don't have to transport so much of EBM home.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939