Friday, May 04, 2007

Hong Kong Food (Part 1)

Our main purpose of going to HK was to eat. :P Sounds like greedy fella! I had so many things in my list, achieved a lot, but still unable to eat a lot! :(

I had a hard start, trying to organize how to blog about the food we had. I've decided to categorize based on locations, though some of the restaurants have outlets in other areas, and some are franchised. I will start with Tsim Sha Tsui, where we lodged.

许留山
I'm sorry I don't have the English name of this outlet, but it is pronounced like 'Hui Lao San'. This is the place people go for Mango desserts. We ordered the Mango Twins, which was on promotion.
P1070242

These are the real things:
P1070252

The one on the left is mango ice cream with mango cubes and gravy. They used Philipino (or Thailand??) mangos (as I was told by my sister), hence have very nice fragrant. The mango gravy is actually real mango paste.
P1070246

The same mango gravy is used in the other cup, replacing the ice-cream with glutinous rice balls. To my surprise, the glutinous rice balls mix better with the stuff better than the ice-cream. This one is tastier than the other. Guess that's because I don't really fancy ice-cream stuff. Others may rate it differently.
P1070251

Another must-have in this outlet is the mango omochi (芒果糯米糍).
P1070248

It is not a normal omochi, inside the glutinous rice skin, is a piece of real mango chunky.
P1070249

Their curry-mix is also very famous. Whenever my aunt goes there, she'd definitely order this:
P1070244
I didn't expect the curry in HK is really spicy, like the authentic Indian curries.

And where can you find this outlet? It is everywhere, actually. Even at the airport.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss 许留山 in Hong Kong so much. Nothing better then one of these with a water melon juice on a hot summer day.

haan said...

they didn't keep on telling u "no photo"? we encountered such thing last time.

Adhaerens said...

very nice....
visit me at

http://go2sabah.blogspot.com/

Christina Kim said...

Ooooohhh, I missed this place on my last trip, but I will be heading to HK again soon, so I will remember to mark this place! =)

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939