Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hong Kong Food (part 3)

Australian Diaries (澳洲牛奶公司)
Although in Chinese it says 'company', but in fact it is a restaurant, or to be more accurately - Coffee Shop. We are actually quite pissed off with this restaurant, and I wasn't supposed to promote it due to my bad experience. But to be fair, their steam 'double-milk' (炖双皮奶) is the best that I've ever eaten. I still miss the taste, though I might not ever want to return to that outlet. I have no photo to show, coz we were badly treated there.

First, the staff trying to intimidate my sister. When my sister ordered the steam milk, he asked what type she wants. My sister asked what types are available, he got impatient and sort of scolded my sister, asked her to read the menu. Their fried-egg and toast are also famous, I tried ordering that too, and I was again asked what type of fried-egg and toast. I didnt' know they have so many types, got panic, simply pointed at one in the menu, without really knowing what's the difference between each of them, coz he didn't want to give us time!

Then, a plate of fried egg and toast came - actually thrown to the table, in between my sister and me. Naturally, I thought it was mine. When I placed it in front of me, the same guy came, scolded me loudly at the same time took it away and chuck it in front of another customers opposite my sister (we shared table): "This is not yours, other people's!"

Then, when our drinks came, we didn't know whether it was ours, tried to confirm with them, no one wanted to entertain. We had to ask the other customers whether they ordered the same thing.

Then, the steam milk didn't come. We asked another guy. He told us there is only one type of steam milk, and the first guy didn't place the order for us, actually!

Okay, apart from the incident, I have to admit their steam milk is the best in town, and the fried-egg with toast is also the best. I didn't know simple fried-eggs can be like that - very smooth, very tasty. The milk is like toufu-fa, texture and sweetness is just perfect. I really miss them, but would not return.

This restaurant is located at Parkers Street, off Austin Road, off Nathan Road.

Okay, that's all about what we had in Tsim Sha Tsui. Next will blog about other locations.

2 comments:

haan said...

dunno about this ler. last time we just went to the "yi shun niu nai gong si"..

Girl with Brain said...

Hi, I just went to HK few mths ago. I had similar experience with the Australian Dairies. To agree with u, I would never ever wan to go back again as I think we were really ill-treated though we were paying customers. Felt so hopeless when I couldnt argue back as I am not strong with Cantonese Language.

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939