Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Summary of HK Food Trip

There are a few things that I didn't list out in the blog in detail. One of the dinners, I had seafood with my friends, whilst my sister had hers with her friends. Due to time constraint, we just had the seafood in town, so nothing great to write about.

The night we returned from Macau, my sister's friend invited us to this Oyster Bar at Knutsford Terr (诺士佛壹) nearby our hotel. This is an expensive place, man! Having plates of oysters, of different species... really new experience to me -- call me uptown girl/woman! Of course, that meal costed over 2k HKD. * shock *

And the day before we left, we had dimsum for breakfast. Nothing to write about, just standard dimsum, nothing special. Not the type that we see in the TV.

Those things that we didn't manage to eat are: smelly toufu (臭豆腐), 2-mix (两溝), etc (mainly street foods).

As for what I loved most? They are the 九记牛腩 (Gao Kei Beef Noodle) and Seng Cheong Crab Porridge (诚昌水蟹粥). I missed them so much. Yummy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much does a single trip card costs? just asking so I will know how much I can save from that Octopus card.. thanks :)

Suzette said...

racquel, you can visit here for more info:

http://discoverhongkong.com/eng/mustknow/information/mk_info_gett2.jhtml

For single journey from the airport, depends on where you go. Kowloon is HK$90. To Hong Kong island is HK$100.

For MTR trips from TsimShaTsui to TungChung (to visit NgongPing360), it costs HK$17 single trip.

The Octopus 3 days tourists card is HK$300, with 2 airport single journeys and 3 days unlimited MTR rides, and HK$50 refundable deposit. So, it is almost like HK$50 for 3 days unlimited rides.

If you schedule to visit all the far places (like NgongPing360, Disney Land, etc) on the first 3 days, then it is worth. Otherwise not very much. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'll be going to Macau at the end of this month and the Seng Cheong Crab Porridge looks really inviting and yummy! Can you let me know the address of the shop? Thanks a lot!

Suzette said...

rachel: sorry for the late response, I forgot the place, and just got the name yesterday. It is located at Tam-Zai (can't find the Chinese word), and the street is the most famous 官也街. This is a street that a lot of tourist will go. Hope this is not too late for your trip!

 
ss_blog_claim=32663b9ec2ba15f0eeec39fc4ff0a939